if we’re gonna do this thing, let’s do it better
A little house cleaning is in order, the RabbitMq server we set up last time was on a bare bones Windows Server. It is running on Hyper-V network on my Windows 10 dev machine. I’m going to add that new machine to the Hyper-V network, just to pretend this is enterprise level. I should have done this as part of the set up of the machine, this can be done with sconfig.cmd and then interactively perform the task but I’m all about the automation, and automation means script. So, the following will change the machine name, add it to a domain and enable a remote shell (this would be batchable into a deployment script):
netdom renamecomputer %COMPUTERNAME% /newname:monkey /force
netdom join %COMPUTERNAME% /domain:{your domain} /userd:{domain admin} /passwordd:{domain password}
WinRm quickconfig
shutdown /f /r /m \\monkey /t 0
At this point the service bus is on the network and we can access it from a commandline as needed:
winrs -r:monkey.floatingman.org -u:*******@floatingman.org -p:******** cmd
If you did all this this after setting up the service bus server (as I did) you will need to reconfigure RabbitMq to use the new server name. The simplest way to do this is to rerun the .\rabbitmq-server-3.6.1.exe installer again.
References to useful documentation:
netdom renamecomputer
netdom join
remote access to a core server
© 2016, Floatingman IT Consulting
No comments:
Post a Comment